Day 29 - Bergamo, Italy -> Menaggio, Italy

Thur, July 11
43.5 Miles (982.6 total)

Pretty easy day of riding today. But my bike ran into another problem - my shifting somehow got all out of whack, not shifting correctly or jumping around all over place. Luckily, we were able to find a place not too far up the road, and they looked at it right away and were able to fix it! Apparently, my shifting cable was broken and they were able to replace it. Between that and the other bike shop fixing my flywheel, I feel like I'm going home with my bike in better shape than when I left! 

I need to amend my last post - I had said no rain, but we actually had rain on a previous rest day. I mention that cuz we have a rest day tomorrow, and it's supposed to pour! We'll see what happens! 

We spent a good part of today riding around the perimeter of Lake Como. Gorgeous water, beautiful towns, just something to see. We rode to Bellagio, took a ferry to Menaggio, and got to our campsite not long after.

Comments

  1. You’ve been lucky getting the bike problems fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you able to swim in the lakes? Has it cooled off yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment