Day 10 - Kingston, Ontario -> Brockville, Ontario

Tues, July 4
30.4 Miles (451.6 total)

Happy Independence Day! To celebrate, we took a really easy day today, haha. We went a little less than 25 miles to our next campsite, only riding for about 2 hours. This might have been our shortest day of any of our four trips. But we have reservations at the next couple places, so we can't go further and skip a day - gotta stay on schedule. And we started with sun and blue skies today! Feels like it's been awhile! Visibility is still limited further out, still gets a little hazy. But it's the best it's been in a good bit. The first 13 miles were on the Waterfront Trail, paralleling the St. Lawrence River. It was a beautiful view and nice to be off road on a nice bike path. We got to our camp ground pretty quick, set up, and rode into town to check out the grocery store and to see if I could find a province of Ontario magnet. I collect magnets of all the places I've been. I struck out and ended up riding for another 1.5-2 hours before finally finding one. I felt like I needed to find one today since we only have one more day in Ontario and I think tomorrow is in a town much smaller than this. After getting back, I hopped in the St. Lawrence River, took a shower, and had just enough time to get things at the tent organized before it rained for a couple minutes. We had subs from the store for dinner and chilled in the pavilion for the rest of the evening, where there was WiFi and electricity to charge our phones, GPS devices, and rear bike lights. The view from the pavilion is at the bottom. We might actually stay up until it gets dark to see if there are fireworks across the river in the USA.
Update: We didn't. Mosquitos came out in swarms and we hid in our tents so we wouldn't die.

Comments