Day 6 - Baldwinsville, NY -> Pulaski, NY

Fri, June 30
45.5 Miles (313.6 total)

Much easier day today. Started late because it was a shorter ride to a campsite, so we were well rested. Nothing eventful today during the ride. We got ice cream outside Selkirk Shores State Park (where we're staying) and Dad got a flurry absolutely loaded with Andes mints. Every bite was easily a full candy bar. I was jealous. After we set up our tents, we took a dip in Lake Ontario. It was the coldest water I've been in in a long time. But now I've been in two of the Great Lakes (maybe three when I visited Xzavier in Michigan). The campsite really started to get full around dinner time. All big RVs, some with TVs, others with their own screened in canopies. A few brought their own flag poles, and more smaller flag posts out for the 4th of July weekend. We met another guy, Aaron, doing his first bike tour at the campsite. He was super friendly, and we each talked about how we made touring work for us, the stuff we were packing, how we made food work, things like that. 
We're getting ready for bed, and it's still pretty hazy. Also, one site has a fire going and the smoke is heading almost exactly in our direction. Might be going to bed with a mask on... And earplugs since the RV next to us has their outside radio going...

Forgot to mention - yesterday we rode close to Cayuga Lake, one of the Finger Lakes, but couldn't see it due to the smoke. I've always heard the Finger Lakes were great, but I'll have to check them out another time.

Comments

Post a Comment